Friday, July 11, 2008

Hmmm - a possible dessert

I think this is a recipe in the making, but last night both Marcus and I were feeling a little pastry deprived, so I took about 3/4 C coconut flour, 3 eggs, a little salt, several tablespoons of sugar and a little vanilla and mashed it up with enough water to make a dough that held together when pressed in your hand. Then I took a mac nut, a small scoop of the dough, and formed the dough around the nut to make a ball and cooked it in some coconut oil in a skillet, turning as they cooked. They came out very tasty but so crumbly that I didn't want to post on the blog. Last night after they cooled, I put them in a tupperware container and today for some reason, they are holding together much better...at least passable. I'll try a few variations and post back later with a pic.

No comments: